ENPI CBC Mediterranean Sea Basin
The multilateral cross-border cooperation "Mediterranean Sea Basin Programme" is part of the new European Neighbourhood Policy and of its financing instrument (ENPI) for the 2007-2013 period: it includes the European Union and partner countries regions placed along the shores of the Mediterranean Sea.
1st CALL FOR STRATEGIC PROJECTS (More details in the Annual Work Programme for Grants at the Programme Website)
Partners: Public-Private-Third Sector Bodies from the EU and MP countries
Regions: 19 regions from the Mediterranean Basin (The list of eligible territories per country in the Operational Programme, pp 8)
The call for proposals for strategic projects, to be launched in the second half of 2010/start of 2011
a. Definition of policies and promotion of pilot initiatives to support R&D, innovation and technology transfer, with particular attention to SMEs and promotion of innovating SMEs clusters in the following sectors:
a1. Agro-food industry;
a2. Sustainable tourism based on the preservation and enhancement of cultural and natural heritage.
b. Promotion of joint planning methodologies with regard to integrated coastal management including maritime safety.
c. Support to R&D, innovation and technology transfer, with particular attention to SMEs, in relation to waste treatment and recycling.
d. Water management with attention on:
• Quantity and quality of supply, with a focus on alternative water supplies and wastewater re-use and/or
• Efficient use of water resources, with a focus on agricultural use.
e. Definition of policies and promotion of pilot initiatives to support R&D, innovation and technology transfer, with particular attention to SMEs, in the field of solar energy.
DOCUMENTS FOR DOWNLOAD
- Strategic Projects involve a minimum of four partners representing four different countries, of which at least one EU Mediterranean Country and one Mediterranean Partner Country, with a budget ranging from a minimum of € 2 million up to a maximum of € 5 million. About € 37 million will be made available for this First Call on strategic projects.
- 50% of the budgeted activities will be implemented in Mediterranean Partner Countries (MPC), a fact that will guarantee the right distribution of spatial tasks and economic support.
- It is important to guarantee a wide spatial distribution in the MPC territory and keep proposal in line with the priorities and Programme Philosophy.
- In Strategic Project the Lead Applicant is usually a Region, who as policy maker guarantees implementation and policy transfer,
AFFINITY TO HERITAGE INTERPRETATION
- Priority a2 is closely linked to heritage interpretation as it is involved with tourism
- Other priorities may employ interpretation for an effective project communication or to reveal achievements to the general public.
Please address your questions to the National Contact Points (download NCP List) and the Managing Authority in Cagliari, Italy
1. ENPI Projects http://www.rcbi.info/pages/11_1.html
2. ENPI Policy http://ec.europa.eu/world/enp/index_en.htm; http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/where/neighbourhood/regional-cooperation/enpi-cross-border/index_en.htm
3. ENPI CBC MED http://www.rcbi.info/cgi-bin/migc_preview.pl?page=62&lg=1
4. ENPI CBC MED Managing Authority http://www.enpicbcmed.eu/