We are looking for collaboration in research on heritage interpretation
- Research question: What are the cognitive mechanisms and processes that underpin interpretation techniques and that make interpretation so effective?
- Research question: What are the effects of interpretation on the development of the audience’s emotional attachment to a heritage site?
- Research questions: What stimuli related to sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch to be used in interpretation can be considered universal across cultures? Which of these stimuli result in an emotional arousal? How can we explicitly measure emotions resulting from these stimuli?
- Research question: The effects of interpretation on the audience’s emotional connection to heritage (ethnographic / longitudinal studies).
- Research question: The cognitive basis of effective communication: many heritage interpretation techniques tap into human cognitive mechanisms.
IE Research Coordinator Carmen Granito [email protected]